If you are searching for ways to move to Canada as fast as possible, you are on the right page.
In fact, you need a part at the back for deciding to take your future and that of your family into your own hands, away from the deplorable situations of this country.
There are several ways you can legally immigrate to places with working systems, where you can achieve the best life you dreamt for yourself.
Canada is one of the best countries with immigrant-friendly plans, and this article will provide you with insights on how to access such a beautiful place.
Canada has an immigrants target of over 400,000 yearly, and you can be one of them through any of these routes:
- Express Entry (EE)
- Family Sponsorship
- Provincial Nominees Program (PNP)
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- Start-up Visa
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
- Agri-Food Pilot
- Health-care Workers Permanent Residence Pathway
- Temporary Residence Pathways For Hung Kong Residents
Amongst these many routes, we will be discussing the Express Entry(EE), which provides a very fast means for skilled workers to immigrate and settle in Canada. Just as the name implies, the Express Entry route requires total preparedness, as the whole process may not take up to 6 months to complete.
The A-Z Steps of the Express Entry Route to Canada
- Check your Eligibility
- Get your documents ready
- Create an EE profile
- Wait for an Invitation To Apply(ITA)
- Apply for permanent residence
Step 1- Check Eligility
The EE is a point-based immigration route using the Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score. Here, they use the core human capital; age, education, work experience, language skill, and adaptability, to evaluate and give you a position in the EE pool.
The overall CRS points are 1,200 and there is preference to candidates with high scores. The system also gives an insight into what areas you may need to boost your score.
Ready for this journey? Click here to check if you are eligible.
A CRS score of 470 and above is a good score, but this does not guarantee an ITA as the cut-off may be different for every draw pool. There are, however, several ways you can boost your score if it is not high enough.
Tips On How To Boost Your CRS Score
- High language test result-It is very important to maximize your language points with high test result. This can be achieved in more sittings even when you are already in the pool.
- Take up another study- Completing another level of education is another way to boost your point. Ensure to access your highest credentials with the World Education Services(WES). Physicians and pharmacists must have their credentials assessed by Medical Council of Canada and the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada respectively. This assessment relates your credentials to the Canadian education standards. The Educational Credential Assessment result, ECA, is what you’d be needing your for your application.
- Gain a Canadian experience-Taking the study route to Canada first, before entering the EE pool, puts you at a better chance to getting an invitation to apply.
- Claim all your available points-Many applicants do not claim all their points due to ignorance. There are points accrued to having a relation by blood, adoption or a common law partner who is a citizen or a permanent resident in Canada. As a couple, it is advisable for the accompanying spouse to access his/her credentials, and also take a language proficiency test to boost your points.
Step2- Get Your Documents Ready
The documents needed at different points in the Express Entry pool are:
- International passport: This is required of you and every member of your family. It is obtained from immigration offices in Nigeria. A provision for on-line application has also been made available on the immigration website.
- Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA)
- Language Test Result
- Proof of fund: This could be an account statement of savings, or salary, containing the required amount of money for your family size, or just yourself, if you are a single applicant. The money is required to have been in your account for at least 6 months, before applying for permanent residence. Avoid a lump sum into the account, except you are going to provide an unquestionable reason for it. Your proof of fund can also be a Gift Deed. This is a legal certificate from a sponsor, indicating that you have complete access to any amount of money given to you as a gift. Gift deed has no time limit. You can receive the money in your account just before applying. As at August, 2021, the required fund for a single applicant is 13,213 CAD.
- Proof of work experience: Could be reference letters from your employers and any other relevant documents such as bank statement, showing salary deposits,pay slips etc. The reference letters must be in line with the Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) format. It must be in company’s letter head, and include the company’s email address/website, phone numbers, job responsibilities, salary, work hours and job duration. The letters should be endorsed by the HR or your direct boss.
- Police Certificate: Gotten from any police headquarters as a proof that you are a law abiding citizen, visitor, student, or immigrant of any country you have lived in. It is required of you and any member of your family who is 18 years and above.
- Medical test results. For you and all your family members.
- Birth certificate of any of your dependant child.
- Marriage/Divorce certificate
- Death certificate of a spouse if your marital status is widowed.
- Adoption certificate if a dependant child is adopted.
- Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada if applicable.
Create A Profile
This is practically the first step to relocating to Canada as a skilled immigrant. Create your Express Entry Profile on the CIC website with your English or/and French test results. For the International English Testing System (IELTS), you can visit the British Council website to enroll, prepare and sit for your test. The minimum score for creating a profile is 6 in each of the Listening, Writing, Reading, and Speaking tests. Obtaining scores close to the 9 point maximum will boost your CRS score. With the profile, you enter into the pool of applicants waiting for an ITA.
Wait for an Invitation to Apply
Regularly check your EE account for any messages or updates from IRCC regarding your application, while you wait. This is also the time to ensure all your documents are ready, and your profile information is up to date.
Apply for Permanent Residence
Once you receive an ITA, you have only 60 days to complete your application. If you are approved, you and your family will be issued visas, allowing you to travel to a Canadian point of entry to obtain your Permanent Resident documents.
Relocating to Canada would be one of the best gifts you could give to yourself and your family. It may not be such an easy journey, especially with regards to funds, but in the long run, it will be worth every effort you made. Do not give up on your dreams. Do not lose the motivation to relocate. You are closer to Canada with every positive step you take on this journey. Congratulations in advance.