Earn a Masters’s degree in international affairs from the Georgetown University Scholarship for African students in the U.S.A and Canada.
The award is a merit-based scholarship offered by the Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS). It is a full-tuition award, offered to students from sub-Saharan Africa.
The MSFS is a two-year full-time graduate degree program in any international affairs course such as;
- International relations
- International trade
- International finance
- Statistic & Analytical tools and
In addition, applicants have the opportunity to choose an area of concentration such as International Relations and Security, International Development, or International Business.
The award targets African students with special considerations given to candidates from Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, South Africa, Senegal, and Côte d’Ivoire.
- Course level: Master
- Application Deadline: 15th January
- University: Georgetown University USA
- Field of study: Msc Foreign Service
- Award: 100% tuition sholarship
- Award can be taken in Geoegetown University, USA
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Acceptable course or subject: Masters degree program in International relation, International trade, Inernational finance, Statistic & Analytical tools anmd History.
- Admission Criteria: To qualify, Applicants must be of African origin and is enrolled into a full-time master’s program.
- An IELTS score of at least 7.0 or TOEFL score of at least 100.
- Personal Statement indicating your professional work experience, prefferably in a related field.
- Official transcripts from your graduate studies with strong academic record.
- Letters of recommendation
- Online Application
- Completion of a course in microeconomics and a course in macroeconomics, or abiliy to complete the two before August of your matriculating year.
How To Apply
- Fill your application online.
- Submit supporting materials; personal statement, letters of recommendation, official transcripts and test score
- All required application materials are to be submitted online on or before the application deadline, 15th January of each year.
The scholarship is awarded based on the strength of your application in the admission process. Click here to learn more and apply.