Application for the Chevening Scholarship is now open for 2022/2023 academic section.
Funding a post graduate study can be daunting especially for international students who have many bills accompanying tuition fees.
The Chevening Scholarship is a fully funded UK government scholarship for international students from over 160 eligible countries.
The program targets students with great leadership qualities, who are empowered to cause positive impacts in their home countries upon return.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarship
- A fully funded master’s degree.
- Monthly living allowance. The amount you will receive depends on whether you are studying inside or outside London.
- Access to one of the best quality education in the world.
- International relation and networking opportunities.
- Preparedness to cause positive global impacts.
- Opportunity to experience UK culture.
Eligibility For The Chevening Scholarship
- You must be a citizen of one of the Chevening eligible countries to apply.
- Must have completed your undergraduate degree studies.
- You should posses at least two years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Must intend to return to your home country upon completion of program.
Chevening Eligible Courses
- Your choice courses must be full time master’s program that are relevant to your current or future career goals.
- You can apply to 3 different universities for similar courses or 3 different courses in the same university.
- Courses must be taught masters program and not research based.
- Must start in the Autumn term (September/October) and
- Must be based in UK.
- You must receive an unconditionally offer from at least one of the universities/course by 14th July, 2022.
Documents Required for Application
- Academic Records/Transcripts of a bachelors degree with upper second class honors(2:1) and above. However, if you are applying with a 2:2 bachelors degree, ensure to choose universities that accept a lower second class honors.
- Four(4) winning Essays on: Leadership and influence, Networking, career plan, reasons for your choice courses and why studying in UK.
- Unconditional offer letter from a UK university.
- References, which should be both professional and academics.
- English language proficiency, subject to choice school requirements.
- Motivation letter.
Application Timeline for 2022/2023 Chevening Scholarship
- 3rd August 2021: Application open at 12:00 BST
- 2nd November 2021: Application close at 12:00GMT
- 3rd November 2021: Applications are sifted against eligibility criteria
- MID November to December 2021: Reading Committee Assessments
- Early to mid February 2022: Applications shortlisted for interviews.
- February to late April 2022: References and Educational Documents Deadline.
- 28th February to 29th April 2022: Interviews Take Place.
- From early June 2022: Results.
- 14th July 2022: Offer Deadline to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer.
- September/October 2022: Studies Begin in the UK.
Applying for a competitive scholarship as Chevening requires determination and focus every step of the journey till you are finally in UK. Ready to apply? click here to the Chevening website.